Terms of Service
We aim to be transparent with you so we made sure our TOS is clear and simple to understand. Please, read it.
Welcome to ServerLynx! We aim to be transparent with you so we made sure our TOS is clear and simple to understand. We encourage you to read it, if you don’t, its assumed you agree with everything below.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of ServerLynx’s Website, located at https://www.serverlynx.com. Our terms and conditions can be updated at any time.
This policy is effective as of May 8th, 2023 and was last updated on December 3rd, 2023.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use ServerLynx and its products and services if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
If we receive an abuse complaint, you are required to respond within 24 hours or your service will be terminated.
Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited on our network and services. Some types activity we prohibit may include:
- Storing, Downloading, or Uploading Child Pornography
- Storing, Downloading, or Uploading Pornography
- Port Scanning
- Brute Forcing
- Sending DDoS or DoS attacks
- TOR Exit Nodes
- IP Spoofing
- Phishing Attacks
- Crypto mining
- Hosting copyrighted material
- DOS, DDOS or any other form of illegal and unauthorized attacks
Simple rule is, if you think its forbidden, it probably is. If you are not sure, feel free to reach out to us for the right answer.
You may not publish or transmit via ServerLynx’s service any content that ServerLynx reasonably believes:
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to ServerLynx; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against ServerLynx by offended viewers.
We support free speech so we won’t ever remove your content by our own decision without thinking it through first, as long as its not illegal and it won’t cause any violence.
- You are free to say and write “I dislike John.”
- You are NOT free to say and write “Let’s harm John.”
You are solely responsible for any legal or illegal activities that occur through your use of our services or servers. We are not responsible for any damages, whether direct or indirect, that arise from your use of our services. You also need to follow all laws and regulations related to your use of our services. If you use our services for any illegal or improper purposes, we may terminate your account and take legal action against you. In addition, we may cooperate with law enforcement agencies if required to do so by law.
By using our services, you agree to take full responsibility for your use of our services and agree to our terms and conditions.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
Invoices to your services are typically generated 7 days in advance. If the service is not paid after 1 day from the due date, your services will be suspended and the cancellation will be scheduled the day after that. If the service is not paid 4 days from the due date, it will be terminated without any option of data recovery in case of hosting services.
Account credit is applied to invoices until there is no more remaining. Account credit can only be deposited, and our refund policy does not apply to it.
We offer refunds in the following circumstances:
- VPS plans(unless mentioned differently in the plan description) – Full refund upon request within the first 7 days for the first purchased VPS product
- If we make a billing error and overcharge you for our services, we will refund the excess amount to you upon request.
- Dedicated servers – Monthly plans are non-refundable. In case you paid for a full year, we will refund 11 months amount if you request a refund within first 30 days.
- Shared Hosting plans – Full refund upon request within first 7 days for the first purchase
We reserve the right to reject the refund request if we detect any suspicious activities or abuse happening related to our services or this TOS.
Bandwidth Fair Use policy – VPS
We proudly offer “unlimited” bandwidth on our VPS hosting plans. However, we believe in fair usage to ensure an exceptional hosting experience for all our clients.
When we say “unlimited,” we mean that we provide enough bandwidth to accommodate the typical needs of our clients. In most cases, this is more than sufficient for your requirements and in practical terms it is unlimited and you usually won’t have to worry about it.
To maintain the integrity of our network and provide the best service for everyone, we have a Fair Use Policy in place. This policy allows us to monitor bandwidth usage for any signs of excessive or abusive usage.
If certain excessive bandwidth usage levels are reached we reserve the right to throttle your port speeds to 10Mbps temporarily. This action is taken to ensure fair resource allocation and a consistent hosting experience for all users.
Should your project or application require higher bandwidth limits, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support team. We’re here to assist you and we would like to explore options to accommodate your specific needs.
Rest assured that we will never charge you extra or terminate your VPS without warning due to high bandwidth usage. Our aim is to work together with you to find a suitable solution that meets your requirements while ensuring fair usage across our network.
Bandwidth Fair Use policy – Shared Hosting
Our Lynx Start plan comes with 1TB monthly bandwidth. While 1TB should be plenty for small websites, in a scenario you think you will be reaching 1TB, please contact us so we can make sure your website doesn’t get automatically suspended. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience first and foremost and so we will always try to be understanding.
Our Lynx Plus plan comes with Unlimited bandwidth, but there are some reasonable limitations here as well. We reserve the right to limit your website or suspend it in cases where we think that your usage is affecting other clients on the Shared Hosting plans or if we suspect an abuse. While there is no limits set in stone for Lynx Plus plan, if you intend to consume a lot of bandwidth, it’s suggested to move to our VPS or Dedicated plans.
Rest assured that we will never suspend you out of the blue for these reasons, we will always first reach out to you.
Fair resource use policy – Shared Hosting
To protect all our customer and make sure to deliver excellent and stable service at all times, Shared Hosting plans come with certain limitations.
Lynx Start – Maximal number of active processes on your website is 150 and maximal 24-hour CPU usage (seconds) is 5000. Maximal 24-hour IO transfer (MB) is set to 5000. Write and Read rates are set to 5MB/s. Account inode quota is set to 200,000.
Lynx Plus – Maximal number of active processes on your website is 300 and maximal 24-hour CPU usage(seconds) is 10,000. Maximal 24-hour IO transfer (MB) is set to 10,000. Write and Read rates are set to 10MB/s. Account inode quota is set to 300,000.
If we consider your usage is in any way causing issues to other clients or if resource consumption becomes too high, we reserve the right to suspend your account. These limits are more than enough for most small websites and as with every policy, we try not to be too strict, so usually you will get the warning before we take any action.
To provide you with our services, we will have to store your services’ files on our servers.
We may take backups of your service.
We reserve the right to terminate your service with or without a reason and with or without notice at any time.
While we will do our best to keep your data secure and backed up, we might not always have the most up to date backups, thus you’re advised to keep your own backups. We are not responsible for any data loss in case of hardware failure.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
(a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.